El Buen Camino 5K
Thank you !
Thank you to everyone- sponsor, volunteers, runners, participants, and donors- who made the 1st El Buen Camino 5K such a success! Over 230 participants registered and over 200 participated on Saturday. We were thrilled with your support and the different groups from the area who came together to build relationships with our community. We hope you enjoyed yourself and learned firsthand how running bridges language barriers and builds lasting friendships. See you next year!
When: Saturday, April 6, 2013 @ 9:00 a.m.
Where: Davis Field- Wake Forest University Reynolda Campus
Volunteers: We had over 40 volunteers make our first El Buen Camino happen- thank YOU!
- Packet Pick-up (2013):
- 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. Friday, April 5 @ El Buen Pastor church (4637 Tim Road- behind the Old Town Food Lion)
- 7 a.m. - 8:45 a.m. Saturday, April 6 @ Davis Field (Wake Forest University)
- Course: The Course Map is available on our active.com registration page. There was one water stop halfway through the race, which began and ended at Davis Field (near Scales Fine Arts Center).
- Parking: Race participants could park in Lots Q, S, and T on campus
Post-race event: Runners met after the race on Davis Field where we announced race awards and where we had games to play, health information available, and community groups like Susan G. Komen and Girls on the Run. Our post-race snacks were provided by Brynn's Frozen Yogurt, The Bagel Station, and Compare, and Romerg Little Spa and Brynn's donated items for our participants' bags. Dancing Lemur Photography captured pictures of our day.
- Contact: Our Race Director, Jen Henson, is available at elbuencamino5k [at] gmail [dot] com.
Click play to see our video!
** If you would like to share race information with your contacts, feel free to download this e-news image